I am going to start with a little bit about me. The reason I do this is not because I am really fascinating or egocentric, but rather, because these will probably be the topics you hear the most about.
- I teach first grade. It is my first year teaching on my own and it pretty much consumes my life. That is fine with me as well because, well, I don't have much of a life to be consumed. Those dear first graders are giving me a run for my money. I decided to skip my student teaching and do an internship instead. Note to all aspiring teachers: This is not the way to go about getting your degree. It makes you cry everyday. I thought that I couldn't wait to get my own classroom and start teaching. However, I now find myself looking around wondering when the "real" teacher is going to step in and take over. I feel like I have no idea what my next step is or what I am supposed to be doing. BUT, to be honest, it is getting better everyday and I really do love my kids.
- I have a goal. I want to visit all 50 states. Now, when I say visit, I don't mean touch down and have a lay over at the airport. I mean, go to the states, see the sights, meet the locals, eat the food, and have the experiences. So far, I have been to Utah, New York, Illinois, Nevada, Montana, California, and Idaho. Not a very impressive list. I know. I am working on it. I have plans to hit up Oklahoma, Hawaii, and North Carolina. No major plans have been put in motion but I have my whole summer to travel and I plan on using it.
- I use words like hashtag, totes for goats, (I am aware that the real cliche for this one is totes my goats. This is an inside joke that came from a long road trip with my mom, dad, brother and sister. A story for another time.) sups, and other cliches sarcastically and socially. I also use them to stay hip with the kids. Yesterday my kids told me I was cray-cray. I took that as a compliment.
- I am LDS. I live it and love it. I enjoyed watching general conference this weekend and going to church every week. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I have a strong testimony that this church is true. I know that we have a living prophet today and that he speaks what God would have us know. I believe that God hears and answers our prayers. I believe that he knows and loves each of us. I believe in the atonement and I am more grateful than words can say.
- On that note, I also attend the singles ward. Now, that is a roller coaster that is not always fun. But, because I am single, I am still on the ride.
- Also, all my best friends are married. Does that mean I need to get married? No. Not until I find......the one? I guess. I will settle down, but I refuse to settle.
- I Love books. I really love books. It is a serious problem for which I believe that there is no solution I wish to find. It is a happy addiction.
Now that the world wide web has this information, I will say ado. Until next time that is.
-Paige, first time first grade teacher.